ZEN•GA™ INSTRUCTOR FOUNDATION COURSE, MAT
The ZEN•GA® program is a teaching modality that consciously connects the body and the mind through a fusion of Pilates, yoga, martial arts and meditation. Through intention and imagery, ZEN•GA will unleash the body from tension and bring more clarity to the mind. Using props and equipment, we stimulate the fascial system and build endurance, strength, mobility and stability while cultivating a greater sense of physical awareness.
Instructor Foundation Course, MatThe ZEN•GA Level 1 Mat Course will help us explore the foundational principles that make up the method and apply them to movement programs designed to help reach the desired goals. This is a seven-hour in-class training (plus one-hour break) – and some yoga or other mind-body training is highly recommended.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- The four ZEN•GA Mindful Movement principles
- Experiential exercises on the Mat to reinforce these principles
- The definition of fascia and an introduction to the new model of training termed fascial fitness
- The benefits of training the neuromyofascial web
- An introduction to a new field of study in the human body called biotensegrity
- Exercises on the Mat that explore the Myofascial Meridians
REQUIREMENTS OF QUALIFICATION:
This course is intended for those already working in the fields of fitness or movement (dance, Yoga and/or other mind-body training) however, all those interested in this material are encouraged to participate.
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS
STOTT PILATES: 0.7