ABOUT OUR ONLINE COURSES
All Merrithew Online courses are the same as the In Person courses
Intensive Mat-plus 2nd Edition 4-hour In-Person & Online Course
The 4-hour IMP Course 2nd Edition is designed to teach existing fitness instructors and others with the pre-requisite training how to program and instruct clients successfully the STOTT PILATES Essential and Intermediate Matwork. This Homework & Study Guide is used alongside your course and is an instrumental resource for you to prepare for your STOTT PILATES examination in Matwork.
note to students: Physical review of the Matwork material is very important to ensure full understanding within your own body first, before attempting to teach someone else. It is also very important to ensure your body is prepared for the increased challenge at each level of repertoire as you move through your STOTT PILATES Instructor Training.
Relevant hours completed during your Homework will count towards your overall required Observation, Practice Teaching & Physical Review hours needed to sit for your exam.
Requirements of certification:
- 40 hours of instruction and supervised teaching (course time) OVER 10 DAYS
- Minimum of 10 hours of observation
- Minimum of 30 hours of physical review
- Minimum of 15 hours of practice teaching
- Total: 95 hours
Note: Hours tracked in your Study Guide should be moved to your offcial log sheet prior to sitting for your exam. Observation
Observation hours can be logged during or after a STOTT PILATES® course and can be accrued by watching a STOTT PILATES
Certified Instructor/Instructor Trainer teach clients (in-person or online), as well as observing the relevant course videos on DVD
or through Merrithew ConnectTM. Please ensure you receive permission from the Merrithew Training Center and/or presenting Instructor well in advance, if you are observing in person.
Physical Review hours means physically performing the exercises learned in class. Taking a class with a STOTT PILATES Certified Instructor/Instructor Trainer or working out with relevant course videos on DVD or through Merrithew Connect can qualify as physical review hours, and can be completed individually or with other students.
You can participate in an online Pilates session or join an online group Pilates class that teaches STOTT PILATES repertoire with a STOTT PILATES Certified Instructor/Instructor Trainer. You can also attend a Merrithew Online Workshop (offered by Merrithew
Training Centers worldwide or the Corporate Training Center).
Practice Teaching hours can be fulfilled by teaching STOTT PILATES course repertoire to family, fellow students, friends or clients, cueing and correcting them through a workout. Practice Teaching can be done in-person or by using a video conferencing pro-gram, such as Skype or Zoom.
The study guide is broken down into areas of focus.
1. Video Prep. This should be done before the next day’s class in order to prepare you for the material that being covered.
2. Video Review. This should be done between classes as a review of the material that was previously taught.
3. Session Focus. This gives you an idea of the focus of that day’s class. As you work through the material, you will be able to identify any areas that need further review or clarification.
4. Homework Questions. These questions are designed to ensure you have a clear understanding of the material that is being covered.
Required video & manuals for the course: Not included in the course fee, links below
- Comprehensive Matwork Manual & Digital Videos- must have
- Matwork & Reformer Support Materials Book – must have
- STOTT PILATES® Principles (included in both Essential & Intermediate Matwork Repertoire 4th Ed.) Repertoire DVD or digital videos w STOTT PILATES® Essential Matwork Repertoire, 4th Ed.
- STOTT PILATES® Essential Matwork Express Workout 1: 30 minutes
- STOTT PILATES® Essential Matwork Express Workout 2: 45 minutes w STOTT PILATES® Intermediate Matwork Repertoire, 4th Ed.
- STOTT PILATES® Intermediate Matwork Express Workout 1: 20 minutes
- STOTT PILATES® Intermediate Matwork Express Workout 2: 30 minutes
Recommended video content:
- STOTT PILATES® Total Body Sculpting
- STOTT PILATES® Fitness Circle Challenge
Advanced Mat Online Course
2 days: 3 hours each plus at least 30 minutes, ideally 15 minutes per each hour, allotted for any technical issues or questions)/ day
All the students must physically work through the STOTT PILATES® Advanced Matwork digital video content and the Biomechanical Principles prior to attending the first day of the course. This is to ensure students come to the first day prepared and familiar with the content, in order to get the most out of the course.
All course material is to be purchased separate to the course fee, click link above
Online STOTT PILATES COURSES
Please make sure that you accurately tick the appropriate course box to help us send you the correct invoice.