ABOUT THIS COURSE
This course is intended for those already working in the fields of fitness or movement, or completed the Functional Anatomy Course and want to attend the Teacher Training program for Reformer. Building on your industry knowledge it teaches you to design and lead the Level 1 Essential and Intermediate STOTT PILATES Reformer repertoire for personal or group training settings for a range of clients. You will leave with a solid foundation and required skills to develop effective and motivating Pilates Reformer programs. While IR may be taken prior to IMP, we recommend completing IMP first.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- The STOTT PILATES Five Basic Principles
- Essential, Intermediate, Power workouts
- Effective use of the reformer to enhance torso stability and strength, peripheral extremity conditioning, joint stability, flexibility, balance and coordination
- Effective communication and observational skills
- Verbal cueing and imagery for performance enhancement and client motivation
- Theory and practice of postural analysis
- 139 exercises plus modifications for specific body types, postural issues and conditions
- How to incorporate resistance equipment to support and intensify exercises
- Exercise layering related to effective program design
- Workout composition for personal and group training
REQUIREMENT OF CERTIFICATION
- 50 hours of instruction and supervised teaching
- Minimum of 10 hours of observation
- Minimum of 40 hours of physical review
- Minimum of 25 hours of practice teaching
- Total: 125 hours
OBSERVATIONS, PRACTICE TEACHING & PHYSICAL REVIEW
A minimum number of hours of observation, practice teaching and physical review are required for all courses and should be completed between instructed sessions at any STOTT PILATES® facility. Additional training may be required before certification. Practice teaching and physical review hours must be logged outside of class time. The practice logs must be submitted on your exam date (either written or practical exam). If the student fails to submit all the logs within 7 days from the last portion of the exam, the entire exam will be void.
Includes watching sessions taught by a STOTT PILATES Certified Instructor or relevant STOTT PILATES videos.
Means physically performing the exercises learned in class. Taking a class with a STOTT PILATES Certified Instructor or working out with video can qualify as physical review hours, and can be completed individually or with other students.
Hours can be fulfilled by instructing family, fellow students, friends or clients.
DATES: 24 May – 3 June 2021
Manuals: (to be purchased from Amazon: STOTT PILATES ESSENTIAL & INTERMEDIATE REFORMER)